In order to prepare any personal document or official letter, all computer users always make use of any word processing program such as Notepad, WordPad or Microsoft Word. Amongst all these MS Word is probably the most used program due to the availability of multiple formatting tools. But when it comes to working in groups then MS Word might lack in certain options like adding comments which is available in Google docs only.
To highlight the mistakes, questions, suggestions or to add a note, comment feature proves to be very helpful for the group of people working on the same project. Even teachers can use the comment feature to highlight important information they want to convey to multiple students at the same time.
Moreover, the feature is also available when using slides and sheets and works exactly the same way as in Google docs. So, if you also want to take advantage of this feature, then carefully read the post as shown below.
Add Comments In Google Docs
- Open “Google Docs” after login Google Drive with Google account credentials.
- Now select a document in which you want to add a comment.
- Select or highlight the specific text after placing the cursor on it.
- There are three ways which you can use to add comments in Google docs.
- Go to the “Comment” icon next to share button on the top right corner in the toolbar.
- Or press “Ctrl+Alt+M” to open the comment box instantly.
- Alternatively, you can click on the “Insert” menu in the toolbar to select the “Comment” option.
- When opening a comment box on your screen. Type the comments you want to add and click on the “Comment” button to save the changes.
- Now you can see all the added comments on the right-hand side panel.
Edit, Delete And Reply To Comments Added In Google Docs
- To edit, delete, reply or resolve a comment, click on the particular comment.
- Enter the text in the comment box and click on the “Reply” button to reply on any comment.
- Even you can click on “Resolve” button after making necessary changes to resolve it.
- After adding a comment, if you want to edit it just click on “Three dot icon” next to resolve button.
- Select the “Edit” button and make corrections as per your choice.
- Alternatively, select “Delete” just below the edit option to remove the comment.
- In case the comment is for any particular person, insert the first letter of his/her name to send it.
Here’s how all Google docs users can make necessary changes in the comments section added in Google docs. There’s no need to send multiple emails, as adding a comment in Google doc can serve as an editing tool which helps users make all desired corrections instantly. With the help of comment feature, users can highlight the text easily in which changes are to be made. All added comments can be easily viewed and the required alterations and modifications can be made within a single doc after sharing it with the related departments or group of people.