Adding a story on Instagram is the best way to let people know what you’re doing these days. It can be your holiday trip photos, office activity pics or any family function you’ve just attended. Nowadays, highlighting an Instagram story is in trend. The highlight is a feature in an Instagram which carries a group of stories posted by users, but Instagram doesn’t allow users to post any story directly to highlights without uploading the same in story section for at least 24 hours.
There isn’t any straightforward way to do it but a little turnaround can solve the issue for you. To keep the stories in Instagram for a longer period especially when they relate to marketing or any promotional activity, adding them in highlights is the best option.
In case you don’t want to tell anyone about it, then the given below tips might help.
Useful Tips & Tricks to Add Instagram Highlights Without Adding to Story
- First, convert your Instagram “Public Profile” into “Private Profile” for 24 hours.
- Now Launch the “Instagram” and hit on the “Three Bar Icon”.
- Open “Settings” and go to “Private Account” option.
- Toggle the switch to turn it on.
- In case you already have “Private Profile” then there’s no need to do that.
- Next privacy settings need to be altered.
- Now open the “Settings” and opt for “Story Controls”.
- Now go to option “Hide Story From” and type and select the name of all followers manually.
- When you are done typing all the names, press “Check Icon” available on the top right.
- Then after you can proceed to upload your story on Instagram.
- After uploading the story add it to highlights.
- Go to the story and press the “Highlight” button available at the bottom right.
- Select the highlight and even you can create a new one.
- Make sure you’ll not remove the story as it is mandatory for stories to remain in highlights for at least 24 hours.
- After 24 hours unhide all your followers from the list.
- For that go to “Settings” >>> “Story Controls” >>> “Hide Story From” and then clear the list.
- To add highlight covers, go to “Profile” screen.
- Keep holding the highlight icon and tap on the “Edit Highlight” option.
- Then choose the option “Edit Cover”.
- Now you can select the cover photo from the available list or even can choose from “Gallery”.
- After opting for the desired image, hit the “Next” button.
- You can now adjust the photo in the circle and tap the “Done” option.
Even after following the given above steps correctly, if you’re unable to highlight any story. Then the possible reason behind is that you’ve removed the story from Instagram before 24 hours. Once a story is published on Instagram then it is mandatory for users to not remove it before 24 hours if done then it will also remove the highlight option. Alternatively, users can upload a new story and then try to highlight it after completing 24 hours with the same tricks as listed above in this post.