There are a couple of websites in our browser history which we open on a daily basis, whether it be social media sites, tech article sites or sites containing useful information. All internet users have their own specific choices of sites and perhaps they always open those sites and pages on priority whenever they start browsing the internet.
Perhaps adding a bookmark can be an easy choice if users want to quickly open preferred sites, but for this, they first have to open the browser and only after that they can access the bookmarks.
Collective Methods to Create Website Shortcuts On The desktop
Every time opening a browser and go to bookmarks seems a bit longer process, that’s why adding desktop shortcuts for all those sites can prove to be less time consuming than other methods. Adding a website shortcut on the desktop is same as like adding a shortcut of any important document, file or folder which helps users open any particular site or webpage as quickly as possible. Here’s how you can add desktop shortcuts with the help of useful methods as listed below.
Directly from desktop
- Press a right-click on the desktop to open the menu options.
- Now select the ‘New’ option from the list.
- Go to the ‘Shortcut’ option on the right side and click on it.
- It will open a window to create a shortcut.
- Paste the exact ‘URL’ under “type the location of the item” field.
- Then click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Provide a name to shortcut and then click ‘Finish’ to create a desktop shortcut.
- While using Google Chrome
- Launch “Google Chrome” and open the website/webpage of your choice.
- Now click on “three-dot icon” on the top right to open the list of options.
- Click on the ‘More tools’ options to select ‘Add to desktop’.
- It will open a window to add a desktop shortcut for the same website.
- Alter the shortcut name as per choice and click on ‘Add’ button.
- It will add a desktop shortcut for this website instantly.
While Using Other Browsers
- Launch any web browser of your choice.
- Open a website/webpage as per your preference.
- Click on the ‘Minimize’ button on the top right which helps you view both website and desktop.
- Now head over to the website address bar on the browser.
- Click and drag the small lock icon next to website address towards the desktop.
- Leave the icon anywhere on the desktop to create a website shortcut quickly.
While Using Mac
- Open the web browser on your Mac.
- Open the website/webpage you often visit.
- Move your cursor to the address bar on the browser and highlight the whole URL.
- Now drag and drop the URL on the desktop.
- This way a website can be created on the desktop in no time.
Thankfully there are multiple ways to add desktop shortcuts for all your favourite websites and some of them are as shown above. While using Windows, Mac or even browsing through different web browsers it is pretty easy to add quick website shortcuts on the desktop. However, the shortcut will open the site in the same browser which is used while creating the desktop shortcuts. So, from now browse all your favourite websites and webpages with a single click right from the desktop. Apart from adding several bookmarks, you can add multiple shortcuts on the desktop for all the preferred sites which are relatively more convenient.