The touchpad is a common practice in laptops and every user is very well versed with the usage and benefits of the touch pad. Maybe you would have heard and felt about some of the disadvantages of using a trackpad also. The biggest problem users might face with touch-pad is when they are typing fluently and a small part of finger or palm has touched the trackpad. This slightest issue can cause a series of mistakes in their entire document.
Useful Methods To Disable TouchPad On Windows 7 Laptop
If such erroneous typing ignored, the mistakes stay hidden inside the document may ruin the official document or letter. Although, users can also disable the trackpad to save these common typing mistakes after referring to the methods listed below in this post.
Through Device Manager
- Click on the “Start” button and go to the “Search” bar.
- In search bar type “Device Manager” and press the enter button.
- A list of installed hardware will appear on your screen.
- Go to option “Mice and other point devices” and click the “+” button next to it.
- Choose your pointing device.
- The name differs with laptop companies, like in dell it says “Cypress Touchpad or Alps Touchpad” or in Lenovo it
- can be “ThinkPad UltaNav Pointing Device”.
- For the rest of models “Synaptics Touchpad” is used.
- After selecting the device press right-click to open “properties”.
- In the window appeared on your screen, go to the “driver” tab.
- Now click the “Disable” button.
- At last click “OK” to store all the changes.
- Now check that the trackpad now stopped responding or not.
- Go to the “Start” tab and click it to open.
- Now type “Trackpad” in the search bar.
- It will take you to the settings of trackpad control software.
- Alternatively, you can also download the appropriate software from authentic sites.
- After installing the driver or finding the appropriate software simply click on/off switch to disable it.
Through TouchPad Blocker
- Go to Touchpad blocker’s official website.
- Download the touchpadbloker.exe file on your computer.
- Double click .exe file in the download folder to start the installation process.
- Launch the app once installed successfully.
- Make sure to tick mark the option “block accidental taps and clicks”.
- You can even alter “time interval to block clicks” as per your choice.
- To prevent all Touchpad activities while typing also turn on the option “also block move and wheel events”.
Now laptop users need not face issues while typing on the laptop as they can simply disable the touchpad after referring the simple methods as shown above. Alternatively, users can continue to use the mouse as the changes will not affect the functionality of the external mouse. There will be no more typing mistakes and errors because the disabling touchpad is the matter of a minute. All laptop users can move their fingers fast on the keypad. So, start typing emails, notes and other documents fluently as the touchpad is not going to bother you in future.